Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Best Advice About Boys

ADVICE ABOUT READING TO BOYS
When Tanner was little I took him to the G-town library for baby storytime. Most of the babies sat in their mommies laps and listened...
NOT TANNER...
so I think the librian could see my frustration that my crawling 5 MONTH old couldn't sit still (none of the other babies crawled for quite some time).
She told me just to keep reading to him even when he crawled away...even out of the room...so I started do that instead of stopping when he left the room...and slowly but surely he started stopping for a peek...and before I knew it we were reading for long periods of time and his attention really grew.
Tanner LOVES books now...I really think I might have just stopped after a book or two without her advice but instead I kept the TV off and just read and read and read.

THE RESULTS
this is how tanner's bed frequently looks when he goes to bed and wakes up
Of course I do the same thing with Sam...but he really LOVES FOR TANNER TO READ TO HIM!!!


No comments: