Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks, Friends, Fun

Lots and lots of pictures...brace yourself.  We had such a great 4th of July weekend with our family and great friends.  Our weekend was so busy the boys actually slept until 7:45 on Tuesday morning!!! After church, we ate lunch with my parents...BBQ shrimp...yummo!  The boys played in the pool for a little bit then we headed home for naps...everyone NAPPED!  On Sunday night, my parents kept both of the boys over night...DATE NIGHT!  Sushi, Hangover 2 and E&H were on the menu.  Uninterrupted conversations with my hubby are so nice and so very rare! Thanks Mom and Dad!




Monday morning my parents dropped the boys off around 9 for our neighborhood parade!  Sam had been up since 4ish...so glad I got to sleep in until 7ish!  Mom and Dad looked pretty tired...I'm sure they were headed home for a nap or maybe to clean up the house the boys had destroyed!  The parade was fun and HOT as usual. 




The firetruck was a hit as usual...I think maybe next year I'll wear my swimsuit! On the way home, I turned around to see Sam with his swimtrucks at his ankles...he had to potty!  Luckily some sweet ladies offered up a tree in their yard...probably the moms of boys who understand even though they're potty-trained ...they have no wait time!






Some great friends of ours have a Fourth of July every year...it's always so much fun!  After doing some sparklers we went to see some big fireworks...AMAZING! The food was so yummy...I ate way to many sweets but who can say no to homemade ice cream!  Sam was not a big fan of the load fireworks but he warmed up by the end of the night!



The best part of the weekend was spending the day at the zoo with my best friend from college.  She and her family live in Nashville so I only see her 1-2 times a year.  She has 2 girls that my boys adore!  Even though it was miserably hot at the zoo...I didn't notice (too much) since I was spending time with a bestie! I can't wait to see her in Nashville in September.




No comments: