Oh my goodness...I have never been so grateful for FRIDAY! After several great no awesome weeks in K and a phone call about how wonderful our child has been...it all ended on Tuesday when a note came home. This was the first time EVER that a teacher had to talk to me about Tanner "misbehaving"...he's never gotten in "trouble" at school.
I should first clarify by letting you now that the "note" had 3 paragraphs...yes 3! It also went home to 3 other children...all boys! Wrestling, crashing and the wiggles were all the basic gist of the letter. I really wanted to cry...I am not sure why it just seemed like a good natural reaction. We gave Tanner a consequence, a firm talking to and the expectation that tomorrow MUST be better.
NO SUCH LUCK...well Wednesday wasn't "awful" but not good either according to Ms.H and Ms. H. Apparently the boys have a tendency to "rev" each other up...there is not a ring leader!
So night 2 again we gave Tanner a consequence, a firm talking to but this time we sat him down and prayed. We prayed about self-control, obedience and being our best. Chris and I don't want Tanner to think "he is bad" (because he is a joy) just that his "choices were bad." We talked to him about how Mom and Dad are not perfect and we make bad choices too about how God forgives us and how He will forgive Tanner too.
Ok...DAY 3...GREAT GREAT...woo-hooo! Tanner came out glowing with a big sticker...his teachers followed him out to carpool and both went on and on about how wonderful he was today! As we were driving off, I asked Tanner why today was a better day? He said, "I asked God like 40 hundred times to help...it worked...you know mom!" PURE JOY...not only did Tanner have a great day but he is beginning to understand that God is in our hearts and all we have to do is ask Him to help us. TEARS again...really I am soo not a crier but it has just been an emotional week!
As a reward for Tanner's great day, he choose bikes and a picnic!
After our picnic on the MS River, we played tag!
We stopped by the UofM to see the tigers...really cool! Each department decorated one...Tanner loved the fire on this one.
To end the night, we listened to a little bluegrass at the Levitt Shell. Both of the boys love music just like Chris!
In case you are wondering...I am a reader when "issues"
occur. So this week my nose was in the following books:
Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson
***B.U.B. is a MUST read for parents of boys, Chris and i refer to it ALL of the time
Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie O??
Love Languages for Children by Gary Chapman
Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
No comments:
Post a Comment