Wednesday, February 1, 2012

reflection

First, let me say that Chris and I are so grateful for God's provision during a rocky few months.  Life is good with a steady job and Chris just finished his second class at Union University.  I was given a few more responsibilities at work so I am learning to efficiently juggle those from home. Our biggest lesson from all of this was that it can all go away tomorrow so don't spend your time storing up your treasures on Earth.  We are trying to use this as our guide for our budget and giving this year.
God was not done with testing our faith.  In December I found a lump...before you finish reading everything is fine. In the midst of no income or clarity about our future it was the last thing I needed on my plate. Long story short the mammogram look ok...clear for radiologist but a little "white" so she referred me to Dr. Berry.  When my OB saw the films she agreed but I was feeling good...radiologist said "I looked good" so I just pushed it aside. Fast forward, I very confidently go to the "breast surgeon"... next time I hope it's for elective surgery!!  I shower, put on a cute trendy outfit and load a new book onto my iPad...I'd been warned it was slow AND I went solo. ( For those of you who are moms...you understand the importance of mentioning the shower, no yoga pant outfit and time to read book:) Everyone offered to go with me but I was fine according to the radiologist SOOO I went alone. After the ultrasound Dr Berry said alot but all I heard was lobular CARSINOMA..."what I'm sorry I've been cleared by the radiologist so I'm fine...wonder how he missed that memo?"  Needless to say I heard nothing he said after that.  Long story sort of short...I had a fine needle aspiration done a week later and a few days later (I took Chris with me this time) and I got the call a few days later that it was normal breast tissue.  Of course I missed 3 of the phone calls bc my phone stinks but my frugal side  is patiently waiting for the free or cheap upgrade!
I can not even begin to express the paralyzing emotions of wondering if you have cancer. 
We have had so many dear friends have cancer or have loved ones with cancer and though we have tried to be good friends, it is only now that I sort of understand the overwhelming, uncontrollable emotion that goes with the diagnosis.
That said...
we have some very dear, very precious friends who found out their nephew of just 9 months has cancer.  I found out about his cancer in the midst of waiting to get my results and I just cried ( I was on a field trip with Tanner...thank goodness for great friends).  My heart can not even begin to image if one of my boys had cancer.  I have spent the last week on my knees praying for this precious baby boys and his dear family.
Will you pray also for baby Cam?

This is not what I intended to write about this morning...I planned to write about the messes below, the quiet time I so desperatly desire and how thankful I am for the friendship my boys are developing...guess God had another message?









Posted by Picasa

No comments: