First grade for Tanner has slowly come to an end. If I had not seen such wonderful growth in Tanner, I'd be a little sad that we are getting close to second grade(the 1st time he'll ever go full days to school:(
Westminster has been such a wonderful fit for Tanner and really for our family. I could write 100 blog posts on WHY Westminster but the most beautiful part is the way they work to cultivate "fruits of character". All year long they have been taught "fruits of character" and what the Bible says about having those fruits. The discipline incorporates these characteristics, they pray about it and read God's word. It's really a beautiful thing to watch your 7 year old understand diligence, forgiveness, honesty, obedience, humility and so much more...and to hear him use the words each day.
Tanner got forgiveness. He is such a pleaser...so quick to accept an apology...so quick to give grace...very proud mom.
Crazy 1st graders at MBG field trip. Sam comes on field trips...lets just say this one was a little long. I underestimated the volume of snacks need!
Literary Character Day
The students in grades K-12 had to come dressed as a character from a book they'd read. Tanner chose Percy Jackson from the Lightening Thief.
This is Froggy.
He spent a weekend with us.
Tanner wanted to show him Memphis and teach him to play his favorite games. Tanner seems so grown up so I love these little moments...pretending Froggy was playing Headbanz with us.



No comments:
Post a Comment