Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow Day Survival


About twice a week I plan a few activities and set them up in the living room at night when the boys are sleeping.  The boys love it and it keeps them entertained so I can get a few housekeeping things done.  It's so funny that they will play for hours with a toy because I set it out yet it has been on the playroom shelf for months.



Snow Sensory Bin
...packing peanuts, cotton balls, styrofoam balls, pine cones, straws, scoops and snowmen erasers

Snowman
Tanner-cut a snowman from felt and foam paper.
Sam-He had a felt snowman I had already cut.


Matching colors.


I don't know the technical name for these math blocks but Tanner loves them.  He makes patterns, designs, shapes and now 3-D creations. 

Some other everyday not seasonal things I use frequently include:

for Tanner
floor puzzles
rolling dice and counting out number of objects
his journal(he draws a picture and I write)
writing: name, address and phone number
shape stencils
anything to cut
cards with picture and words/baking pan and magnet letters to spell words on
lacing cards
sewing with plastic needles and yarn **big hit
dominos
rice box to trace letters
scavenger hunt...clipboard with drawn pictures or words...find and mark off
lincoln logs


for Sam
3 piece knob puzzles
color sorting bears and cups
pouring rice or beans from cup to cup
poring water from cups **I know...give them a sponge for the mess
beads to string on aquarium tubing
putting pompoms in ice cube tray using tongs to squeze
using a spoon to scoop pompoms from one cup to another
playdoh with plastic roller, knife and scissors
a dust pan and short handled broom
magnetos
barnyard bingo




Posted by Picasa

No comments: