Sunday, February 19, 2012

brrr...




We have spent most of our week inside despite the fact that I just finished reading this book which  encourages you to be outside...we did ride some bikes and go to the park...yes I am that mom that takes my kids to the park when they are sick! Bring your lysol wipes next time you go bc we might have been there.




It has been a rough month at our house...Sam is in FULL STRONG WILL mode.  I am in perma-sweat mode...he has a tantrum pretty much everywhere we go.  For those of you who are SPED trained readers...no antecedents that I see just random tantrums...AGH!  Think throwing his lunch in Easy-Way, knocking oranges off a stand and waiting in the line at Whole Foods while Sam is violently screaming and trying to hit me but I was leaving with what I came for. We hear lots of "fine i'll do it myself", "ahhh-ahhhh" and "do it right now".  Needless to say I have also recently reread this book in hopes that it will inspire me to get through this stage.



In the midst of all of the STRONG WILL I am trying to remember he is so funny, he is the best snuggler, he loves to be read to and has such a compassionate little heart for his friends at school. I know this stage will pass but oh me oh my.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad you posted that. Lawson is going through the exact same thing, almost to the point where I dread taking him places. I need to read both books!

Stephanie said...

Oh...it has been bad. To the point where it happens so often I don't even notice if people are looking. And he's a big strong boy...who falls out on the floor and screams! It is a sight to see!

Jodie said...

Stephanie- My 16 month old does this. She is so strong willed ALREADY! I am scared for what is to come next year! She recently wacked her face on a chair, during a tantrum, on purpose and bloodied her lip and nose. We have the same story about being in line checking out at grocery, her screaming and trying to pull out her own hair. I just smile and say, yes, this is MY child and I'm so proud of her right now!" HA!
We do not spank, which I think Dobson advocates, so I was referred this book: Parenting the Strong-Willed Child: The Clinically Proven Five-Week Program for Parents of Two- to Six-Year-Olds [Revised and Updated Edition]
I'll let you know how it goes:)

Stephanie said...

I'll have to read it Jodie. Thanks for the comments...so nice to know it's not just happening at the Phillips household:) love that you just smile...me too...I'm thinking either you are so old you forgot this stage of parenting or you don't have kids and your turn is coming!!