Snapshots from a BUSY Weekend
Friday Night Date Night...no photos but we finally saw THE HUNGER GAMES. I read the books several months ago but Chris just spent the last 2 weeks reading books 1-3 so he was dying to see the movie. I had just finished another book that was also in the theatres but I assure you he did not want to see it. We were able to get a trail run in together too...I love running with Chris.
I was thinking our weekend would be pretty laid back however I had apparently not looked at the "boys" calendar...Friday Taekwondo, Saturday morning bowling, Saturday afternoon Baseball scrimmage, EUMK senior Sunday and a little project...oh well BUSY BUT FUN!
Saturday morning Tanner went bowling with Mrs. H and Mrs. H, his K teachers.
At the EUMK Family Night a friend of Tanners bid on "Bowling with the SK teachers" so D invited Tanner to come along. The boys had so much fun bowling with the teachers. We never think to go bowling but it would be a fun winter Friday "Family" night activity or a good December birthday party!
Look at all of that baseball cuteness. I may not know much about the game but I love shopping for the gear...the red socks stressed him a little but in the end he decided they were cool. Tanner did not get his baseball skills from me...I have no hand eye coordination..i.e....I close my eyes when the ball comes my way. Tanner has actually been helping me work on my throw...he also keeps me from getting lost when I drive...what would I do without him???
Tanner is playing up this year...technically he was suppose to play T-ball again but the Sports Director at Hope encouraged us to play up so we did. I think it was a great choice because he is really learning the game.
I am a little nervous to type it...
BUT
Sam has been so good at the practices and was great a the scrimmage. A good friend of Tanners has a little brother who is almost 4 and they play great together. His mom and I are both "single" on practice night...both hubbies are in school so we always have our whole crew with us(she has 3 boys). My dad has been really helpful and offers to help whenever he is in town but so far no meltdowns.
Getting out a few of Sams' birthday presents. It was hot so it was a great sprinkler day.
The boys made a marble run using water heater pipe insulation, a box and some painters tape. It entertained them for about an hour...woo-hoo! Thank you Pinterest.
Do you see the PROJECT??
A new front porch...we decided our house needed a little pick me up but we didn't want to rob a bank to do it. We ended up painting our shutters, the front door and taking down the cedar columns to add what you see. I think overall we spent maybe $200...the labor lives here!
My handsome Kindergartner getting ready to head to Senior Sunday at EUMK. I can not believe he only has a few weeks left. It has been such an amazing year for Tanner.
The new front door color BM...Palladian Blue. I now feel like the outside of our house matches the inside...more pictures to come.
EUMK Senior Kindergartners
2011-2012
No comments:
Post a Comment