I can't believe it was in the 80's this morning. We were soooo excited to be outside without sweating our buns off! We talked about what to do for a few minutes but then Tanner suggested we go to the "farm" to pick fruit. So we loaded up and headed to Millington to go to Jones Orchard.
Tanner was totally in his element as always...dirt, outside, hard work...heaven! Sam loved picking too...I think he ate a few blackberries along the way. Sam was definetly tired by the end of our picking. We got to pick blackberries, plums and peaches. Picking blackberries was our favorite! Sam quickly learned to pick the black ones not the red ones...Tanner showed him.
When I was little, my grandparents owned the lot next their house and had a HUGE veggie garden. I think the garden was behind the house too? Anyway...they had fruit trees...I think pear, peach and apple! We loved picking the fruit from the trees, picking/digging up veggies and looking for pecans. It kept us busy for hours...literally. I know my boys would be in heaven if we had a big garden of veggies to pick...I wonder how many would make it until they were ripe!
When we came home the boys helped me clean the fruit, we cut it up and froze some for smoothies, then made a peach pie...YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment