Chris doesn't go out of town very often but we are headed into day 4 and Mommy is beat! As soon as I put the kiddos to bed, the thunderstorms started. With all of the tornadoes lately, my kids are conditioned to get in the hall and watch a movie. I decided to just move them to my bed and set up the lanterns and to give them books. We snuggled for a little bit then they both fell asleep after an hour or so...now I will have to move them or just sleep in the twin beds...we'll see! Thankfully, a friend invited Tanner over after VBS today and Sam had MDO at SKF so I actually had a few hours to myself since bedtime was extra late tonight! We are 7:00/7:30 kind of people! I had lots of errands I really needed to run but I decided to have some "me time". I think my last "me time" was in 2005. I ran to a few of my favorite antique shops, clothing stores, went to the bookstore(and sat in the grown-up section) and had lunch at Bogie's BY MYSELF!!! I really wanted to get a pedicure but I BROKE my toe last night... yes I was getting up from prayers with the boys it got caught and we literally heard it snap...gross! It's a lovely shade of purple and pink.
Being without Chris for several nights has reminded me how much he helps in the afternoons. Chris has "school teacher" hours so I am spoiled by a husband who typically walks in the door by 3:45 or 4:00. Now with that said, he is long gone by the time we are moving in the morning...so my mornings are crazy. Being solo from 3:45-8:00 every night is exhausting after putting in a 10 hour shift with the kiddos! But back to Chris...he walks in the door exhausted from works and never sits. He jumps right in with whatever we are doing...love him!!! Miss him!
2 comments:
We need a picture of the toe.
It's so gross...really who breaks their toe tucking her kids in bed...me!
Post a Comment