I am proud to say I was a "spectator" only at the marathon this year. After running it for 2 years, it was nice to watch Chris throughout his race! Tanner came with us...he loved every minute. He almost fell asleep on the way to lunch after the race...it may sound crazy but being a "spectator" is hard work. Driving or walking to different mile markers in time to see Chris was lots of work!
I loved getting to see so many good friends, friends from high school and college during the race.
So proud...full marathon #3.
Finish Time: 4:39
Best Part...he feels great! No aches or pains.
He definitely thinks road races are harder on your body than trail races...wonder what he will do next??
I know we are doing the Germantown 1/2 together...nothing to him him though for me it will be months of training...ha!
That is Brad with Chris. They trained together. Every Saturday morning they have been running with the Breakaway running group. I think Chris really enjoyed the benefits of running with a friend.
So proud of his daddy. Parents lead by example and I hope that the boys will love running as much as we do. Tanner already loves a 5k...maybe it's the T-shirt!!
See.."spectating" is very hard work. I'm a big yeller too...having run several 1/2's, I know how it feels when you want to stop and a random person from the crowd throws out a "woo-hoo...go runners"!
No comments:
Post a Comment