Sunday, December 18, 2011

a long post

This week has been a very big week for all of us. 

     Tanner has been going to Taekwondo everynight (for 2 weeks...whew), working on testing for his YELLOW belt.  Friday night, my parents watched Sam while we took Tanner to the testing results program.  Pure joy was oozing from Tanner while he waited for his named to be called. He was first, which I know thrilled him!  We stayed the whole time, over an hour, while he sat on the loor watching without ever moving an inch.  When we got in the car, he talked about what he had to do to get his next belt...Tanner is one focused little boy! A few years ago, I did not see the word "focused" in our future but here I am using "Tanner and focused" in the same sentence.

     Sam got his first black eye, to accompany the knot on his head and the giant busted lip! Sorry no photo.

    



The emotional roller coaster...thank you for all of your sweet words over the last month.
     Chris' work has been a little slow. After he finished the zoo and the U of M in mid-November...there was not another project for him to supervise. I was a nervous wreck...dividing our savings mentally in my head to see how long we could last, calculating tuitions for next year, considering working extra hours, you get the picture! Chris was really calm, we spent a lot of time praying about the plans for our family and considering the change that might occur. We canceled a planned vacation, shaved our Christmas budget and went back to living. Within a few days of "no job", I had 2 flat tires (at the same time), it literally "rained" in our house during a hard rain (new roof...coming) and my faborite jeans finally "bit the dust". Ok God...ok God...ok God...I know you have a plan.
     The boys and I loved having Chris around a little more. I have to come clean though...I have come to realize that our house is definitely "my domain" from 7am-4pm...does that sound crazy?? I mean the first few days, I was like this is so fun Daddy is home but then I realized I am very TYPE A about "how we roll" all day. A FUNNY...one day we dropped Tanner off at EUMK. The plan was to run by the bank and the post office and then head to Pinocchio's for story time. Chris passed 3 of our banks and 2 post offices to head to the ones past our house...WHAT...seeing as we then had to go back for story time...I was so confused but took a deep breath...thanked God for a day with Chris and Sam...and told myself to GET IN THE DRIVERS SEAT when we left the bookstore!!! See...really TYPE A! A happy note...I will say, Chris took note of the work done in the hours he is absent.  On date night, he took the time to say that he did not say thank you enough for all the work it takes to get everything done...noting that since he doesn't see it all, he never thought about it! Love a little appreciation:)


An answered prayer...
     Chris was called this week and given 2 projects...a church and more at the U of M. The best part of all of it...the U of M job will last at least a year...WOO-HOO!!
     Our pantry door is covered in chalkboard paint...It always has a scripture on it. When the job uncertainty began, I wrote Philippians 4:19, "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Tonight, at the dinner table Tanner was reading it. It the brief uncertainty of Chris job, we really re-evaluated what needs are. My list of wants is long but even in this stressful season of our lives, there are so many people who can not meet the basic needs of their family. I am very greatful that for a husband who saves and has created a "no debt" policy in our home.
     So in the end...I am thankful for a faithful God who provides, a husband who is willing to wait on God's timing (a struggle for me), great communication about our finance and children who are so resilient....they just love the little bits of life. 










No comments: